Skip to main content

My Langkawi Trip 2011 - the 2nd trip


Well, I know is a bit late to post up this, as I was too busy with other things recently...( :P, busy shopping and online window-shopping for my camera and my wishlist...lol..... it is around 1km long now...I got to stop..!!!). This trip was held on 10th September this year. It was my 2nd visit to Langkawi with pre-arranged from my package signed from MATTA fair 2011 early of this year. I signed up this package, from this langkawi-wholesale company...not as cheap as I thought, and it was a rush or mindless decision signing this with them during the fair. Well, this will be my lesson when want to travel for the 2nd time in M'sia locally.

Actually I was thinking bringing my family to go for island tour as my 1st visit to Langkawi is just all-around-the island tour (without any 3rd party or tourguide arrangement - all by myself), and we were so enjoying our 1st trip!! So, when we were in the fair, we thought of.... you know, let 3rd party to arrange our stay place + transportation and maybe island package will be just nice, but after we signed, I just realise, it was actually quite costly. End-up, my parents told me to give a try, to let other people to arrange for us, so, I paid RM148/pax (we have 5 pax actually but due to the tour agent had agreed to let me paid for 4 pax price...so I signed it up) for accomodation+car rent (with auto gear). They did offered some packages for island tour which cost around rm48/pax to rm200/pax, based on what package you want. Like me, I was interested with Mangrove tour but it cost me around rm148/pax or charted boat around rm800 min 8 people....well, I can't really signed up from one agent, I decided to find the package by myself when I reach Langkawi.

So, I got myself train ticket from KL Central to Arau station at around RM48/pax for 3 (upper bed) and RM52/pax for 2 (lower bed). And then we need to take taxi to Kuala Perlis jetty at around RM30. 

Note: Kuala Perlis jetty is all about speedboat and not a ferry, so which means, it cost more if you depart from there to Langkawi. So, if you want to take ferry, just go to Kuala Kedah jetty as told by the taxi driver and it is quite far from Arau station.


Captured from inside train, nearly reach Arau Station 

The boat (speed boat with air-conditional) cost around RM18/pax - if not mistaken, and it took about 1 hour to reach Kuah jetty, Langkawi. So, once we reached Kuah jetty, as agreed with the agent, I need to call their guy who's to believe already at there to hand me the car, but, what I got is a phone call from him(Bob) and requested me to go to a counter and find another guy as he's holding the car key. So, I went to the counter as told by Bob, and meet another malay guy. With the RM100 deposit (refundable) and stated there clearly that I will return the car at 3pm with no extra-charges (as agreed with the staff in the fair), that guy just wrote it there in the receipt like this:

"I'll tell you the story about this receipt after this...kinda sad...and ruin my holiday mood" 

But before that, my sis and I went to survey for the island activity around there, and got a good deal by a Malay abang with chartered a boat for 5 people at only RM300 (Rm60/pax) - much more cheaper that the tour agent!!!. The package include:
  1. Mangrove tour 
  2. Eagle-feeding 
  3. Fish farm 
  4. 2 caves (although he said 3 caves but we got to know that the other cave already long long time not in the tour) - Crocodile cave and Bat cave. The one 'long long time cancelled' is the Gua Cerita. 
  5. Seafood lunch (optional) & swimming (optional) 
After that, we straight away check-in to our apartment. We stayed at Kondo Istana Apartment which is located at Kuah town, and, unluckily, I didn't really get to captured the area as the day is Rainy day... @.@ .... what a day....RAIN ..... haiz...but I still can shoot view from my apartment:

We decided to take a rest and at around 6pm, we start our 1st journey to Harbour Park for our dinner!!...yeah!! I love Harbour Park, why? because it just too beautiful!! Nice place for photographing as well... ^^



We still remember the taste of the Russian Cuisine @ USSR Restaurant.


The next day...yoohooo...!! Island tour here I come!! ..... but....it keep raining from morning till afternoon. The abang did called me few times and ask whether I already meet up the boatman at the jetty...but IT'S RAINING DUDE! I called up the abang boatman and ask for advice, see what time and how's the sea condition. Boatman said, by 2pm we can go for the tour, hopefully else we need to get the counter to refund our money. So, without wasting our time, we went to re-visit the Underwater World at Pantai Chenang:



Drying up it's fur 




It still raining and we have to wait for a while and finally, around 2pm, the rain start to stop slowly and the boatman called me up and ask me to go to the jetty by 2:30pm. So, we quickly headed to the jetty. We were so excited because, finally we get to experience the island tour!!

Eagle feeding and Mangrove 

Bat cave 

Crocodile Cave - of course no crocodile, it just the hole looks like crocodile...hehehe 

OK, the rain start to rain heavily, so, the boatman decided to stop by at a fish farm to wait for the rain stop. As, I got to capture this beautiful scene from the fish farm:

And there end our island tour with wet and windy and wavily sea...thank GOD none of us 'throw' out.... ^^

OK, about the receipt thing is like this...one lesson to learnt from here is never ever trust orally agreement from the tour agent, as time pass by, they will forgot what they had deal with you. During the fair, the staff agent had deal with me if I return the car in the evening even though is already over the originally 50 hours car rent package, he will FOC to me. But, what I got is I had to paid extra RM20 for the extra 2 hours. Sorry, at 1st, they want to charge me RM40 for that!! After 'yelling ' at them, I got the RM20. After that, when I check back their website to re-confirm the charges for extra hours, shocking me!!! It is actually RM10 for extra 1 hour for Manual car or RM15/hour for Auto car!!!! ...How can they charge me for RM20/hour at 1st??!!! And we are not taking MPV car or VAN or LORRY!!! WTxx !!!

Comments